The world’s biggest children’s museum just learned it was also voted the best in the United States. The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis tops the list of the best museums including other prestigious and loved museums in Missouri, Illinois, Texas, Arkansas, Pennsylvania, Colorado, New York and Wisconsin. Setting it apart is an outdoor sports park in which fitness never looked so fun, science comes alive in two working paleo prep labs and an archaeology lab, and free learning guides that help education and fun go hand in hand.
INDIANAPOLIS (PRWEB) MARCH 01, 2020
USAToday/10Best just announced that The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is the winner of the 2020 USAToday/10Best Readers’ Choice travel award contest for the Best Children’s Museum. The nomination was carefully made by an expert panel of travel journalists from around the country and then voted upon by the public to determine who was most deserving of this honor.
“We are grateful to our members, visitors, donors and partners who love the museum and declared their confidence in us by voting for The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis,” said Dr. Jeffrey H. Patchen, president and CEO, The Children’s Museum. “It’s extremely important to us that we provide a variety of extraordinary family learning experiences that encourage interaction between the whole family—from toddlers to grandparents.”
The top ten winners in this category are as follows:
1. The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
2. City Museum
3. The Magic House
4. Kohl Children’s Museum
5. Children’s Museum of Houston
6. Museum of Discovery- – – –
7. Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh
8. Children’s Museum of Denver
9. The Strong Museum
10. Madison Children’s Museum
The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis celebrated an all-time attendance record of 1.3 million visitors in 2019. Exhibits last year included the beloved permanent exhibits in addition to Star Trek: Exploring New Worlds presented by EdChoice and supported by Aquafina and F.A. Wilhelm Construction Co., Inc., PAW Patrol Adventure Play locally Presented by Central Indiana Honda dealers and Supported by Indianapolis Indians and Franklin Pest Solutions, Riley Children’s Health Sports Legends Experience, Hot Wheels™: Race to Win™ presented by Subway® and supported by Church Brothers Collision Repair and Donatos, Treasures of Ancient Greece presented by OneAmerica and supported by Ice Miller LLP, Take Me There Greece presented by Ice Miller LLP, First & Goal exhibit partner Indianapolis Colts, presented by Kumon, and supported by Indiana Soybean Glass Barn, MJ Insurance and Subway®, Hotel of Spells presented by Old National Bank, Hotel of Spells presented by Old National Bank (The Children’s Museum Guild’s annual Haunted House) and Jolly Days Winter Wonderland presented by Riley Children’s at Indiana University Health and supported by Splenda in addition to the outdoor Riley Children’s Health Sports Legends Experience®.
We’re excited for everyone to see what temporary exhibits we have to offer this year (2020) including:
- Pigeon and Pals! A Mo Willems Art and Play Exhibit (now – May 10, 2020) Presented by Riley Children’s at Indiana University Health and Supported by Indianapolis Indians and Aquafina
- Wild Weather (March 14, 2020 – Jan. 10, 2021) Presented by Central Indiana Honda Dealers and supported by Koorsen Fire & Security and Priority Group
- Riley Children’s Health Sports Legends Experience (March 14 – Nov. 1, 2020). This exhibit features multiple sports including basketball, football, hockey, soccer, pedal car racing, golf, baseball, tennis, running, fitness equipment, a 60-foot-tall Tree of Sport and NAMOS (National Art Museum of Sport).
- Barbie™ You Can Be Anything™ (May 30, 2020 – TBD) Supported by Franklin Pest Solutions
- The Children’s Museum Guild’s annual Haunted House (Oct. 10– 31, 2020) Presented by Old National Bank
- Jolly Days Winter Wonderland (Nov. 21, 2020 – Jan. 3, 2021) Supported by Indiana Farm Bureau
Real science comes alive in permanent exhibits such as Dinosphere®: Now You’re in Their World, where families can touch real fossils from the Cretaceous and Jurassic Periods, the working wet lab in National Geographic Treasures of the Earth, and Corteva Agriscience ScienceWorks with a STEM Lab.
Intergenerational family learning is extremely important along with making memories and hands-on interactives at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. Educators can find online units of study and parents will find family guides that are extremely useful. Perhaps one of the most fun things it features is costumed actor/interpreters who bring stories to life in fun and imaginative ways. The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is proud to partner with Riley Children’s at Indiana University Health, Old National Bank and Ice Miller LLP.
About The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is a nonprofit institution committed to creating extraordinary learning experiences across the arts, sciences, and humanities that have the power to transform the lives of children and families. For more information about The Children’s Museum, visit http://www.childrensmuseum.org, follow us on Twitter @TCMIndy, [email protected], YouTube.com/IndyTCM, and Facebook.
It’s extremely important to The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis that we provide a variety of extraordinary family learning experiences that encourage interaction between the whole family—from toddlers to grandparents.