The ISPE Board is responsible for the governance and strategic direction of the Society and will assume their elected positions at the 2019 ISPE Annual Meeting & Expo.
NORTH BETHESDA, MD. (PRWEB) SEPTEMBER 19, 2019
The International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) announced the results of its 2019–2020 International Board of Directors election, revealing a slate of strategic leaders who represent a variety of pharmaceutical industry sectors. The Board is responsible for the governance and strategic direction of the Society and will assume their elected positions at the 2019 ISPE Annual Meeting & Expo, taking place on 27–30 October 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada USA.
The following pharmaceutical industry leaders have been elected to the 2019–2020 ISPE International Board of Directors:
- Chair: Frances (Fran) M. Zipp, President and CEO, Lachman Consultant Services, Inc.
- Vice Chair: Thomas Hartman, Vice President of GMP Operations, Biopharm CMC, GlaxoSmithKline
- Treasurer: Joanne R. Barrick, RPh, Advisor, Global Validation Support, Eli Lilly and Company
- Secretary: Jörg Zimmermann, Vice President, Vetter Development Service, Vetter Pharma Fertigung GmbH&Co KG
- Past Chair: James Breen Jr., PE, Vice President, Project Lead Biologics Expansion, Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- Alice Redmond, PhD, Vice President, European Operations, Commissioning Agents, Inc.
- Scott W. Billman, Director Global Engineering & Maintenance, Biogen
- Ylva Ek, Chief Quality Officer, KeyPlants AB
- Lou W. Kennedy, Chief Executive Officer and Owner, Nephron Pharmaceuticals
- Stephen C. Mahoney, JD, Senior Director, Global Quality & Compliance, Genentech, Inc.
- Chris Chen, Chief Executive Officer, WuXi Biologics (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Continuing Board Members:
In addition to those named above, the following Directors were elected in 2018 to serve a two-year term and will continue their service on the Board:
- Vivianne J. Arencibia, President, Arencibia Quality Compliance Associates, LLC
- Gunter Baumgartner, Vice President, Global Engineering, Takeda – Pharmaceuticals International AG
- Christine M.V. Moore, PhD, Global Head and Executive Director, GRACS CMC – Policy, Merck
- Caroline Rocks, CEng BE MEngSc, Senior Process Engineer, AbbVie, Inc.
Young Professionals Representative (Ex Officio):
- LeAnna Pearson, Manager QA Validation, BlueBird Bio
Explore the ISPE Board of Directors webpage for complete biographical information on all of ISPE’s International Board.
The International Society for Pharmaceutical Engineering (ISPE) is the world’s largest not-for-profit association serving its members through leading scientific, technical, and regulatory advancement across the entire pharmaceutical lifecycle. The 18,500 members of ISPE are building solutions in the development and manufacture of safe, effective pharmaceutical and biologic medicines, and medical devices in more than 90 countries around the world. Founded in 1980, ISPE has its worldwide headquarters and training center in North Bethesda, Maryland USA, and its operations center in Tampa, Florida USA. Visit http://www.ISPE.org for more information.