Tips from Paul Davis Restoration for a Post Dorian Hit
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (PRWEB) SEPTEMBER 09, 2019
As a public service, Jacksonville, Florida based Paul Davis USA, a large restoration and disaster management company, is providing consumers and property owners with the following tips to use after and/or if they experience a touchdown of Dorian on their property.
Paul Davis is a leading provider of fire and water damage, mitigation, clean up and restoration services for residential and commercial properties and serves customers in their time of need. The restoration company helps individuals, families and business owners safeguard their valuables, pets, appliances, cars, and additional items to avoid possible devastation.
Storms and hurricanes can cause destruction from high winds, floods and structural damage. The Company offers the following useful tips:
What to do during the storm:
- Stay in a secure room and away from windows.
- Don’t use the land line corded telephone or candles.
- Monitor weather and civic service bulletins on either regular or NOAA weather radio.
- Have supplies on hand.
- Remain indoors when the eye of the storm moves over your area, the storm will resume shortly.
What to do after the storm:
- Make sure everyone is safe and accounted for.
- Monitor the radio for information from emergency management officials in your area.
- Before venturing outside, ensure the storm has completely passed.
- Report downed power lines and stay away from them.
- Use stored water and food.
- Be patient until your environment is safe and back to normal.
Paul Davis USA suggests that if storm-related damage occurs to your home or business, there are many variables to consider about cleanup and repairs. Property owners can consult with professionals who have specific training and experience in this area. The process of cleaning up and repairing any damage should begin immediately and property owners don’t have to wait for insurance claims representatives to arrive on the scene to evaluate the loss. Waiting may increase the likelihood of secondary damage that might not be covered by insurance.
For more than 50 years, Paul Davis Restoration Inc. has restored residential and commercial properties damaged by fire, water, mold, storms and disasters. The experts at Paul Davis understand the complex process of recovering from property damage and provide complete services; there is no need for the expense and confusion of hiring multiple contractors. Paul Davis Restoration has more than 300 independently owned franchises in the United States and Canada. The professionals at Paul Davis are certified in emergency restoration, reconstruction and remodeling. For more information, visit the company website at http://www.pauldavis.com.
Storms and hurricanes can cause destruction from high winds, floods and structural damage say the experts at Paul Davis.